Wednesday, March 05, 2008

I Learned Something New

I'm going to start my life right by (1) being grateful for all the little things in my life, and (2) learning something new each day.

However, being the depressed, psychotic and immensely bipolar bitch that I am, (1) is probably not, in all likelihood, going to happen in the near future. So I'm starting with (2).

I like learning things. And I like sharing (oh, how I like sharing - just ask Tim). So I present to you, dear readers, the very first installment of DarkThalia's I Learned Something New - a new word!


Pele's Hair

(PAY-layz hair)

noun - Thin strands of volcanic glass, formed when lava is thrown into the air by the explosion of a volcano. Named after Pele, the Hawaiian goddess of fire and volcanoes (and not the football star, you fools)

(taken from Wordsmith.org)


Mood: Say WHAT?