Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Why I Love My Mother

My parents arrived from Butterworth yesterday, bringing the dog and 2 crates of oranges (if you knew my family, this is nothing unusual)

I got home after work at around 830, suffering from a hideous case of sore throat. Which is also not surprising, considering I had fried cod, fried calamari, and fried whitebait for lunch (binge, much?).

Aaaanyway. This is the conversation that went on:

Me: Mom, I'm not having dinner tonite. I've got a sore throat.
Mom: Are you sure?
Me: Yes, I've got a sore throat.
Mom: I've just heated up the mutton curry - are you sure you don't want dinner?
Me: Yep, I've got a sore throat.
Mom: How about some fried banana chips?

It would've been hilarious had it not felt like I was constantly trying to swallow a chainsaw.

It's funny now, though. Although I'm still feeling like I'm swallowing chainsaws, and now I have this hippo sitting on my head.

I think I'm coming down with something.


Mood: Bleh