Thursday, February 14, 2008

Of Frenchmen and Puppet Parodies

Well.

Have just returned from a lovely holiday in Singapore. Bunked with DavidC and Philippe, spent a wonderful 4 days there.

How to explain?

Singapore is a gorgeous country. A bit too nanny-like for my tastes, but when I'm just barely keeping my chin up out of the heaving chaos that is rush-hour KL, potholed roads and motorbikes with faulty brakes but working horns, stepping into Singapore, with her pristine streets and well-oiled MRT system is like slipping quietly into a deep pool. Noises fall away which I never knew were there.

But maybe it was all due to timing. After all, I did arrive during the CNY holidays, which means that 95% of Singaporeans were not in Singapore. So it was all empty streets and easy taxis and unclogged nightclubs.

And being with D & P was such a joy - it seemed that all my cares just melted away for those 4 days. My soul had never been lighter.

It's one of those memories to cherish.



Mood: Blissfully Refreshed